Five Random Facts For Thursday
November 17, 2016No Comments
Here are some random facts for you . . .
1. The Michelin Man originally was drawn with a glass of champagne in his hand and he was called the “Road Drunkard.”
2. There’s only one basketball coach in the history of the University of Kansas who has a losing record. And it is . . . James Naismith, the guy who invented basketball. He had a .478 winning percentage at Kansas from 1898 to 1907.
3. The United States Treasury’s official name for the penny ISN’T “penny” . . . it’s “one-cent piece.”
Related Comedy: The United States Treasury’s official name for the penny ISN’T “penny.” It’s really supposed to be called a “one-cent piece.” As in, “Scott Baio doesn’t have a one-cent piece to his name.”
4. There have been 509 people on the FBI’s 10 Most Wanted list, and 478 of them have been caught.
5. There’s only one bridge over the entire Amazon River.